Proper Maintenance Can Extend Life of Your Refrigerator
8/10/2016 3:00 PM
Moving into your new house is a liberating, landmark life thing. But decorate it? It could be painful. It involves making decisions and investments, which are expected to be 'for life'. Except for the quality of appliances, proper cleaning can extend its life as well, for example, proper cleaning of your mini fridge can ensure that the food is kept fresh longer, preventing contamination due to insufficient cleaning.
According to FlexFridge team, people should keep in mind some simple suggestions to keep their appliances and other furniture in a better condition:
- To clean the outside of the refrigerator, you should use a cloth dampened with a mild solution of soapy water. It is not advisable to use abrasive or caustic detergents since they may cause damage to the equipment.
- At the time of preparing to clean the inside of the refrigerator, you must first remove the food from your fridge and then the internal accessories, such as drawers and door shelves. For cleaning, we recommend using a soft sponge or a damp cloth to prevent it from scratches.
- To remove odors, dilute one tablespoon of baking soda in a quart of water, distribute the mixture with a sponge and then rinse with water only; then carefully dry to prevent bacteria buildup. If your refrigerator has yellow spots, you can easily remove them by rubbing with lemon.
- The back of the refrigerator, where a fan and a series of coils are located, should be cleaned at least once a year to ensure optimum performance. To clean, unplug the fridge and use a brush dipped in soapy water, trying to dry with a clean cloth. It is important not to use solvents containing chlorine or ammonia, or any other flammable liquid because vapors can cause fires or explosions.
Other Suggested Tips to Save Energy:
- Defrost the refrigerator twice a year to prevent the buildup of frost and ensure that the joints are properly closed.
- The location also matters to keep your refrigerator running efficiently. Ideally keep it away from the stove, and place it at a safe distance from the wall, so that the compressor can work properly. Similarly, it is essential to install a voltage regulator that protects the refrigerator from any power failure.
- Finally, We recommend that when choosing an appliance, take into account the after-sales support so you can get an effective and rapid response when needed. It is the best guarantee on the investment you made.